Piles are also known as hemorrhoids. These hemorrhoids are mostly swollen blood vessels which are found in or outside your posterior. These are caused mainly due to permanently widened or twisted veins known as varicose veins. These veins can be found anywhere in the body, but it is the leg where it is mostly found.
There are two types of hemorrhoids one which is found inside the anus known as internal hemorrhoid and the other found around the anus known as external hemorrhoid. These are common with all age groups including teens. Pregnant women are the ones who get affected by this, in particular.
The size of pile can be as small as a pea or as big as a grape. It is usually pink in color and sometimes you also come across blue color. One can suffer from internal and external pile at the same time, giving you a very hard time in your life.
Some of the common and known reason for having piles is due to extending the time period to use the toilet. This puts strain on your bowels which in long run turns out to be a very sad affair for you. Being pregnant also leads to piles due to increasing pressure of the fetus in the abdomen and hormonal changes.
Constipation and chronic diarrhea are also causes of piles. Having a family history of piles can be one of the other reasons. Sitting on cold and hard surfaces for a prolonged period of time and even standing can result in piles formation. Overweight and people doing heavy lifting also can suffer from this disease.
Some of the common symptoms for piles are
- Bleeding from the anus
- A constant pain and itchiness in your posterior
- Discomfort while passing stools
- Blood in your stools
There can be severe complication if proper care is not taken once you have been detected for piles. There are chances of infection which may lead to an abscess, formed around the rectum and anus. This kind of abscess causes lot of pain and swelling.
- There are some common home based remedies which can be used for treatment of piles
- Ice packs on the rear end, but do not use the ice directly on the skin
- Warm baths
- Proper diet for a smooth and easy way out for the stool
- Thoroughly wash 3 to 4 figs and soak it overnight and have it first thing in the morning empty stomach. Again soak 3 to 4 figs in the morning to have it in the evening, continue this for 1 month
- A mixture of 1 tsp fresh mint juice, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp of honey. Drink this mixture three times a day for a painless relief.
- Mash and boil 1 ripe banana in 1 cup of milk and drink this at least 2-3 times a day
- Consumption of buttermilk after your meal is very useful
- Radish juice every morning and evening is also very good